This how-to works independently of the host platform.
On virtualbox :
- Open the Configuration window of the VM (guest)
- Select Shared folder on the left menu
- Click on the icon corresponding to Add a shared folder
Folder namefields, ex:
On the guest VM:
- Create a folder (an existant one can be used), ex:
- Mount the shared folder and is file system as root, ex:
[FOLDER_NAME] the name of the shared folder created on virtualbox and
[GUEST_PATH] the folder path where the share file system have to be mounted.
So here that will give:
Note : Even if a permanent shared folder was created, the mount command will have to be runned each time the guest restart.
Mounting a file system requires root privileges, but instead of mounting the file system as roor like previously, it's preferable to mount it as a user:
Where the gid and uid value math with the ones of the user (it can be check with the